Poster Design Tips and Templates
Posters, if designed correctly, can be a great source for publicity and attracting new clients to your business. Posters are one of the oldest and most tried types of marketing and are an effective way to draw attention to your location, events, sales, and more. Although there is not one correct way to make a poster, there are some design best practices you should follow. Learn how to create the best poster template to attract attention and new customers:
A well-designed poster should be:
- eye catching – it should be attention grabbing enough for people to stop and read it.
- targeted – it should engage your target audience
- informative – the message should be clear and direct
- convincing – the poster should get your audience interested in your product/service
Once you’ve gathered all your information for your poster, it’s important to select the right template that will gain visibility from your target audience and present your message clearly. Some things to consider when selecting the right template:
- Headline: This is the main and biggest text element of your design. You can make the headline the focus of the creative or add additional art elements. It’s important to select a font that is readable, interesting, and grabs attention.
- Details: What is your offer? When is it available? And where can you find it? Your poster should answer all these questions in the smaller section of text. Make sure you provide the reader with all the information in a concise and direct manner. Don’t put so much text that it takes up most of the poster.
- Fonts: Limit your fonts to one or two per poster for visual consistency
- Graphics and colours: Use brand-approved colours and graphics that are eye-catching but complementary to your message, not distracting from it
- The fine print: Any small, legal details you need to include can be small unobtrusive
At The UPS Store, our online print portal makes it easy with a variety of poster templates options so you can find one that matches your business needs best. We have poster templates available in popular sizes, and you can browse our selection of designs or upload your own. Posters are printed single sided in full colour on 8 MIL matte or gloss poster paper. Standard poster sizes are:
- 24” x 36”
- 18” x 24”
- 20” x 30”
- 36” x 48”
If none of the above sizes matches your requirements, we also offer custom templates where you can create your own unique poster. The custom sizing available is:
- 12” to 60” wide
- 12” to 60” tall
Once you’ve selected your size, you can browse our selection of template designs. We have a variety of different categories you can choose from like business services, invitations, events, real estate, marketing, news and media and many more. By utilizing our template services, you’ll be able to create posters for your business with ease.
Posters remain one of the easiest and most cost-effective ways to attract attention, convey information, and potentially entice new customers.