“Want to give a big thank you shout out to David and his staff for doing a superlative job in wrapping up a vintage fragile instrument for air transport and having it arrive in pristine condition. Courteous and professional ..this staff has these in spades..cheers and again thank you.”
About Our Store
As a franchisee of The UPS Store network, and part of the Top 10 Highest Revenue Stores in Canada, we are proud to be locally owned and operated here in Thunder Bay, Ontario. As small business owners ourselves, we understand the challenges that small businesses have every day. We can help! We have the knowledge and equipment to offer you cost-effective solutions for many of your small business needs such as business printing, mail services, packing, shipping & more. We are passionate about what we do, and ready to help your business.
Feel free to reach out to us. We are located at 1100 Memorial Ave., corner of Memorial and Dunlop directly across from Intercity Shopping Mall by the railway tracks. We are in the same building as the Pita Pit, Fox on the Run, Fat Panda, Studio 10.
Stop by and visit us today. You’ll meet one of our friendly customer service associates when you do. Whether you are another small business like us or someone that needs professional printing, customized packaging and shipping solutions, a secure mailbox for your mail and package receiving needs, our staff can help.
We wouldn’t be here if it weren’t for you, our customers. Have an experience you’d like us to know about? Submit our website Contact Us form and select ‘Submit a Testimonial’ in the subject area. Tell us your story. With your permission, we may highlight it on our website.
“David and his staff did a fantastic job today during a busy lunch hour. I dropped by close to noon. At one point there were six customers, but no one had to wait more than a few seconds for service, and each member of David's staff was polite, friendly, and very helpful. I liked the way they helped each other solve problems and get things done quickly. Every customer left with a smile. Great service!”
“Great service tonight! Prompt and friendly! Big thanks to David for helping us out.”
The UPS Store ~ Memorial Ave., Thunder Bay
The UPS Store your local Full Business Service Centre and Print shop, with packaging and shipping services! We are seeking a Sales Associate to become an integral part of our team in The UPS Store Thunder Bay.
Tired of being covered in grease at your restaurant job? Had enough of working nights? Ready to get out of that stuffy office or dirty warehouse? Fed up with co-workers who just don’t care? Join The UPS Store team as we conquer the customer service world…! We’re a team of hard-working, fun loving professionals who get the job done right. We spend our days making customers happy and we’ve got the skills, tools, and attitude to make that happen…!
Please don’t apply for this job if spreading happiness far and wide isn’t your cup of tea. If you hate fun people, don’t like chatting with customers, are the last person to jump up to help your grandmother cross the street, or prefer staring off in to space instead of getting stuff done, then The UPS Store’s #1 team isn’t for you. Please apply with team #2 instead. No night shifts or unpleasant work conditions! If you’re a reliable, organized, detail oriented, punctual and hardworking person and always look on the bright side of life, then you need to come to the upcoming interview..!
The Center Associate is responsible to deliver world-class customer service to all retail customers. They receive and process packages for courier shipment, operate printing and copiers, fax machines, binding equipment, laminating machines, and point-of-sale devices. The Associate expertly advises our valued customers by providing accurate information on our array of products, services, and best-value options. The associate exhibits confidence by knowing best practices as related to the industry.Also we need associate to meet other businesses and introduces our services to them as new repeat customers.
The ideal centre associate candidate will have retail sales experience, have strong computer and internet skills, able to lift 40 pounds, a friendly and genuinely helpful demeanor, a professional appearance, and will be a fast learner who tries to learn all aspects of the business in the shortest possible time.The following is a representative list of the duties and responsibilities associated with this position:
- Try to promote the business and up-sales
- Deliver outstanding customer service to walk-in customers and telephone inquiries.
- Continuously practice good listening skills with customers and leadership.
- Take ownership of the customer’s shipping problem and offer viable solutions.
- Act to learn all product and service offerings, alternative solutions, and industry trends.
- Operate all equipment, software, and devices in an expert fashion and be willing to teach others. * Maintain a clean and safe working environment.
- Welcome and identify customer needs
- Explain products and services to customers
- Printing, Designing, Packing and Shipping jobs
- Monitor inventory to ensure product is in stock
- Enter and process customer orders
- Investigate and resolve customer complaints
- Proficient in the use of computers and commonly used business software
- Quick and accurate typing and data entry
- Familiar with Customer Services
- Communication skills consist of effective verbal and written communications
- Ability to effectively multi-task
- Friendly and outgoing personality
- Detail oriented and fast learner
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to build rapport with customers
- Having graphic background is an asset
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Job Type: Part-time
Part-time hours: 15-30 per week
Salary: $15.50-$17.00 per hour
Take A Look Around
Welcome to your local The UPS Store
As franchisees of The UPS Store, we are proud to be locally owned and operated. We care about our customers and our community. After all, we live and work here too.
You’d be amazed at what we can do to help make your life easier!