The UPS Store’s Small Business Advice Contest
The UPS Store is Canada’s small business resource, providing valuable resources, tools and solutions for business owners and entrepreneurs. One way we like to help is by allowing small business leaders to connect with others and share what they’ve learned on their journey.
Now, you can do just that by entering our weekly #TheUPSStoreAdvice contest! All you have to do is tweet or re-tweet your favourite piece of small business advice. Be sure to include our Twitter handle @TheUPSStore_CAN and the hashtag #TheUPSStoreAdvice in order to be entered.
A winner is chosen every week for a The UPS Store gift certificate and a $25 Esso gift card! The contest is open to Canadian residents only.
See below for the rules and regulations:
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. The UPS Store Advice Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes“) begins on June 30, 2017 at 11:59:59 AM Eastern Time (“ET“) and ends on July 31, 2017 at 11:59:59 AM ET (the “Sweepstakes Period“). This Sweepstakes comprises a weekly draw to take place every Monday during the Sweepstakes Period, from among an exclusive pool of Tweeters who Tweet a line of small business advice using the @TheUPSStore_CAN Twitter Handle and #TheUPSStoreAdvice hashtag, or who Re-Tweet another member’s quote, while using the #TheUPSStoreAdvice hashtag and @TheUPSStore_CAN
The Sweepstakes is run by MBEC Communications Inc (the “Sponsor”), 1115 North Service Rd W, Unit 1 in Oakville, Ontario. L6M 2V9.
- ELIGIBILITY. The Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of Canada, excluding Quebec, who have reached the age of majority in the province or territory in which they reside, and who have entered, pursuant to Paragraph 3 of these Rules. Excluded from eligibility are officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives of Sponsor, the Sponsor’s, affiliated and related companies, agencies, suppliers of the materials and services related to this Sweepstakes, and members of any immediate families (defined as parents, siblings, children and spouses, regardless of where they live) or households (whether or not related) of such officers, directors, employees, agents and sales representatives.
- HOW TO ENTER
NO-PURCHASE NECESSARY. Internet access required. To enter the Sweepstakes, a participant must sign in to Twitter and Tweet a line of small business advice using the #TheUPSStoreAdvice hashtag and @TheUPSStore_CAN Twitter handle, or Re-Tweet someone else’s quote, also with the #TheUPSStoreAdvice hashtag and @TheUPSStore_CAN Twitter handle.
Participants who enter the Sweepstakes pursuant to the immediately foregoing paragraph are referred to as “Entrants”. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any Sweepstakes participant that, in its reasonable but sole opinion, appears to have attempted to enter the Sweepstakes more than once by creating aliases, multiple tweets or multiple Twitter accounts.
Although online access, a Twitter account and an e-mail account are required in order to participate, no purchase is required in order to enter the Sweepstakes. Many public libraries, retail businesses and others offer free access to computers and a number of Internet service providers and other companies offer free e-mail accounts.
- HOW TO WIN At approximately 12:00:00 PM ET on each Monday during the Sweepstakes Period, a random draw will be conducted from among all Entrants who entered during the Sweepstakes Period. A single winner will be selected, and awarded a The UPS Store gift certificate (valued at $25 CDN), and an Esso gift card (valued at $25 CDN) (the “Weekly Weekly Prize”).
- WEEKLY PRIZE CLAIM CONDITIONS.
To be declared a winner, a potential winner must: (i) correctly answer (as determined in the absolute discretion of the Contest Sponsors) without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question, as per Canadian contest rules; (ii) be in full compliance with these Official Rules.
The Entrant who wins the Weekly Prize will be notified by, each to the extent the information is known to the Sponsor, email, Twitter and Twitter direct message, within approximately forty-eight (48) hours of the applicable draw. The winning Entrant will also be required to complete and return to Sponsor (or its authorized agent) by the deadline specified in the documents a written declaration and release form, releasing the Sponsor, manufacturers and vendors of the products included in the Weekly Prize, and their respective parent, related and affiliated companies, and all of their respective directors, officers, owners, partners, shareholders, employees, agents, representatives, successors and assigns from any liability in connection with this Sweepstakes or the use or misuse or possession of the Weekly Prize or any product contained within it.
Return of the Weekly Prize or winner notification as undeliverable, inability to reach the winning Entrant or failure of the winning Entrant to respond to notification within five (5) days of first attempt by Sponsor or Sponsor’s agent, failure to provide proof of eligibility (if requested), release documents, or other required documentation in a timely manner, or other non-compliance with these Rules may result in disqualification, forfeiture of the Weekly Prize and, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, and selection of an alternate eligible Entrant for the forfeited Weekly Prize, who will be subject to disqualification in the same manner.
- WEEKLY PRIZE. There is one (1) Weekly Prize available to be won each week of the Sweepstakes Period, with an approximate retail value of $50 CDN.
The Weekly Prize will be delivered only to a verified winner in Canada (excluding Quebec). The Weekly Prize must be accepted as awarded and may not be substituted or transferred. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen Weekly Prize. The Weekly Prize includes delivery to one (1) Canadian address only, as supplied by the winning Entrant. Any other costs or expenses associated with the Weekly Prize not specifically outlined herein as being included in the Weekly Prize will be the responsibility of the winning Entrant.
The Weekly Prize may be subject to certain additional terms and conditions imposed on it by its creator or distributor. The Weekly Prize will not be varied or substituted by the Sponsor, and if not accepted by the winning Entrant in the form presented, the Sponsor shall have the right to award the Weekly Prize to another Entrant.
You may be offered the opportunity to receive additional communications from Sponsor about its services, and upcoming contests and promotions. By accepting a Weekly Prize, the winning Entrant hereby agrees to Sponsor’s use of his/her name, city/province of residence, business name (if applicable) in any advertising and publicity Sponsor may conduct relating to The UPS Store in any media or format, whether now known or hereafter developed, including but not limited to the World Wide Web, at any time or times in perpetuity, without further compensation or notice. Aggregate and/or anonymized Sweepstakes winner information may be used by the Sponsor to communicate about the Sweepstakes to its actual and prospective sponsors.
- RIGHT TO VOID / TERMINATE / SUSPEND / MODIFY. Sponsor reserves the right to terminate, suspend or modify this Sweepstakes, in whole or in part, at any time and without notice or obligation if, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, any factor interferes with its proper conduct as contemplated by these Rules. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, if the Sweepstakes, or any part thereof, is not capable of running as planned for any reason, including but not limited to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, programming errors, or technical failures, which, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, void any suspect Entrants and: (a) terminate the Sweepstakes, or any portion thereof; (b) modify or suspend the Sweepstakes, or any portion thereof, to address the impairment and then resume the Sweepstakes, or relevant portion, in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Rules; and/or (c) award a Weekly Prize from among the eligible, non-suspect Entrants received up to the time of the impairment in accordance with the winner selection criteria discussed above.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS. Winning a Weekly Prize is contingent on fulfilling all the requirements set forth herein. Mass entries, automated entries, entries submitted by third parties, and any entries or Weekly Prize claims that are late, incomplete, fraudulent, illegible, unidentified or delayed will be void. All entries and Weekly Prize claims are subject to verification. Proof of entry submission does not constitute proof of receipt. Entrants agree to abide by these Rules. Decisions of Sponsor will be final and binding on all matters pertaining to this Sweepstakes. Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws. Void where prohibited. Sponsor reserves the right to correct any typographical, printing, computer programming or operator errors. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. If any provision of the Rules is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, then the Rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein. Should a winner make any false statement(s) in any document referenced above, the winner will be required to promptly return to Sponsor his/her Weekly Prize, or the cash value thereof. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process, the operation of the Sweepstakes and/or YouInc.com, violates the Rules, or acts with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO PROSECUTE AND SEEK DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
In the event of a dispute as to the identity of the person who entered the Sweepstakes, the authorized account holder of the Twitter account from which the winning tweet or re-tweet is sent will be deemed to be the Entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an account by Twitter. The potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND RELEASES. BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES, ENTRANTS AGREE THAT (a) SPONSOR, ITS PARENT, RELATED AND AFFILIATED COMPANIES, AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS AND (b) EACH OF THE MANUFACTURERS AND DISTRIBUTORS OF THE CONTENTS OF THE WEEKLY PRIZE PACKAGE, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE AFFILIATED COMPANIES, AND THE RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS OF EACH OF THE FOREGOING (COLLECTIVELY, THE “RELEASEES“) HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS BY ENTRANTS AGAINST, ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURIES, LOSSES OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES) TO PERSONS OR PROPERTY RESULTING FROM A WEEKLY PRIZE, INCLUDING THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, MISUSE OR USE OF THE WEEKLY PRIZE. FURTHER BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES, ENTRANTS AGREE THAT RELEASEES HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS BY ENTRANTS AGAINST, ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURIES, LOSSES OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES) TO PERSONS OR PROPERTY RESULTING FROM: A) ENTRY OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SWEEPSTAKES WEBSITE, OR B) ANY CLAIMS BASED ON PERSONALITY OR PRIVACY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION OR MERCHANDISE DELIVERY.
Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, therefore such exclusions may not apply to you. Without limiting the foregoing, the Releasees, and any of Sponsor’s agencies, suppliers or contractors, shall not be responsible for: (a) any incomplete or inaccurate information that is caused by participants in this Sweepstakes, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes, or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of submissions in the Sweepstakes; (b) lost, interrupted, or unavailable network, server, service provider, on-line systems, telephone networks or telephone lines, or any other connections; (c) the theft, destruction, loss or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; (d) any problems with, or malfunctions or failures of, telephone networks or lines, computers or computer on-line systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, viruses or bugs; (e) garbled transmissions or miscommunications; (f) failure of any e-mail to be received by or from Sponsor for any reason, including but not limited to traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or combination thereof or technical incompatibility; (g) damage to a user’s computer equipment (software or hardware) occasioned by participation or downloading of materials related to this Sweepstakes; (h) printing, distribution, programming or production errors, and any other errors or malfunctions of any kind, whether human, mechanical, electronic or otherwise; or (i) technical, pictorial, typographical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
The Sweepstakes is presented, organized and administered by the Sponsor, and is in no way administered by, or in association with, Twitter, or any respective affiliates.